WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW?
The first thing you need to know is that we have an Introduction Offer for 2 weeks unlimited yoga. We encourage you to make the most of it and use this pass to get to know the studio, our different class styles, meet our fab teachers and experience our beautiful community. You can purchase this directly from our pricing page or app. After that, if you plan on practicing 2 or more times per week, you might wish to take up our unlimited membership for only $36 per week.
More questions? Let’s see if we can help.
What do I wear and bring?
Wear comfortable, form fitting clothes that are easy to move in. Footwear is to stay behind in the reception area.
As for what to bring? not much! we provide the mats and all yoga props, YOU DO NEED TO BRING A TOWEL TO COVER OUR PROPS and your own water and water bottle. Anything else you bring is to be placed in the shelves provided.
You are welcome to bring your own mat and props. For restore classes, please bring 2 additional towels to help support the practice.
When to arrive?
arrive 5-10 minutes before the start time as the doors are locked at the scheduled start time. please do not leave a class before the end.
What if I have never done Yoga before?
Wonderful!! we love us some fresh yogis!! Make the most of your Unlimited Introduction Pass and be ready to fall in love with yoga. All classes are instructed to work for both the beginner and the seasoned practitioner. Our ‘Alignment Flow’ class (great for beginners) covers the fundamentals of postures and vinyasa and is a great way to build up your understanding and your confidence. No prior experience is required for our Yin and Restore classes. Visit Here for a better understanding of class styles.
How do I Access On-Line & Live-Stream Classes?
All on-demand and live-stream classes are accessed via our online studio.
Here’s what you need to know.
(we suggest setting up a calm space before you begin and having yoga props or cushions and blankets handy)
What is required of me regarding hygiene and infection control at the studio?
Please see what precautions we are taking and what is expected of students at The Retreat: Hygiene and Infection Control
Where are you?
184 through road camberwell, look for the yellow doors! see map.
Is there public transport nearby?
Where do I park my car or my bike?
just a few steps away is a bike rack! parking for early morning and evening classes is simple, no restrictions and parking a plenty! during the day there is a 2 hour carpark less than 1 minute walk away at the intersection of Through Rd and Riversdale Rd and unlimited parking down riversdale road and neighbouring streets.
Do you offer hot yoga?
Although we have beautiful FRA-Infrared heating panels that produce sun like radiant warmth, we do not offer Hot Yoga. Our studio is kept at a comfortable temperature of around 24 degrees, and we build heat with our yoga practice. This FRA-Infrared heating heats the walls, ceilings and furnishings and not the air, making it great for asthma and allergy sufferers. We also utilise air-conditioners in Summer.
Do you offer yoga for children and teens?
Our Kids Yoga Classes (ages 9-13) have been paused. Teens are welcome to join our regular classes (13 and over).
What are your Terms and Conditions?
terms and conditions
PROTECTING OUR RELATIONSHIP
Welcome to The Retreat Yoga Studio ‘The Retreat’.
waiver of liability
By visiting or Practicing with The Retreat Yoga Studio : (In-Studio and/or On-Line), you agree to the following:
I understand that The Retreat Yoga Studio Pty Ltd, its partners and teachers, will provide instruction and teaching of yoga, meditation and other body-mind practices. I understand the instructions are intended as guidance and may be physically and mentally strenuous. I voluntarily participate with full knowledge that there is a risk of personal injury, distress, property loss/damage or death.
I also agree that neither I, nor my heirs, assigns or legal representatives will sue or make any other claims of any kind whatsoever against The Retreat, or its directors, teachers, employees, contractors or its members for any personal injury, distress, damage/loss, or death, whether caused by negligence or otherwise.
By visiting or practicing with The Retreat I voluntarily agree to the terms and conditions and this ‘waiver of liability’ and waive any claim that I might have at any time against The Retreat Yoga Studio Pty Ltd, it’s directors and employees.
- Classes are subject to change or cancellation without notice.
- Teachers are subject to change without notice.
- The Retreat is not liable to refund, transfer or offer compensation of any kind for classes that are late, changed or cancelled for any reason.
- The front door to the studio will be locked at the beginning of class for safety and security. Late entry will not be permitted. We also encourage you to remain for the duration of the session.
- We will endeavour to start and finish classes at the scheduled time
- The Retreat is not responsible for the safekeeping of your belongings.
- Classes at The Retreat may be physically strenuous and you voluntarily participate in them with full knowledge that there is risk of personal injury, property loss or death. The Retreat is in no way liable for any injury, loss of property or death resulting from attending our studio or online studio.
- The class passes and memberships exclude attendance at guest teachers’ classes, workshops or other special events.
- The Retreat does not offer refunds on services or products for change of mind, injury, illness, change of address or any other reason. All purchases are final.
- All prices, products and offers include GST.
- All prices are correct at the time of online publication.
- Prices may increase from time to time. Notice of any such increase will be provided on our website and by email to exisiting students.
- The Intro Offer of 2 weeks of unlimited yoga is available only once and cannot be suspended for any reason.
- No further discounts or concessions apply.
- The activation date of the offer is the date of your first class.
- Students may only purchase the Intro Offer once.
Unlimited Direct Debit Membership
- Direct Debit Membership agreements are for a minimum term of six fortnightly debits of $72.
- This membership allows you unlimited regularly scheduled classes, but excludes guest teachers, workshops or other special events.
- After the expiry of the minimum term, the membership will continue indefinitely until you advise The Retreat at email@example.com that you wish to cancel your membership. Requests will not be accepted by any other means other than email. We require 14 business days to process any such cancellation.
- You may suspend your membership for periods longer than 7 days and no more than 3 months in any twelve month period. Requests to suspend memberships must be made in writing by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests will not be accepted by any means other than email. Please allow 7 business days to process any such suspension.
- The Retreat may increase its fees for the Unlimited Membership. Notice of such increases will be provided on our website and by email to affected students.
- Memberships cannot be shared. Anyone found to be sharing their membership will be denied entry and have their membership cancelled.
- It is your responsibility to ensure there are sufficient funds available to cover the fortnightly auto-debit. Should a payment be declined for any reason, The Retreat reserves the right to process payment at anytime to settle any debt owed. If an auto-debit is declined due to insufficient funds, the transaction will fail which requires additional administration and yields additional bank costs. Unfortunately, our third party provider may charge a fee for failed transactions.
- The Retreat is not responsible for additional bank fees that you may incur from your bank. Bank fees are under the terms and conditions of contractual agreements that lie between you and your bank.
- If auto-debit payments fail for 2 payments or more, The Retreat may cancel the membership.
- The terms and conditions of our Direct Debit Request Agreement (Ezidebit) form a binding component of your membership agreement.
- Please note, payment is fortnightly, therefore bookings can only be made within each fortnight block after auto-debit, Our App ‘TheRetreatYOGA’ makes this simple.
10 class pass
- All ten class passes expire 3 months from the date of the first class that you attend after purchase.
- This pass allows you to attend 10 regularly scheduled classes, but excludes guest teachers, workshops, or other special events.
- No refunds are offered on unused portions of the 10 Class Pass due to illness, injury, change of address or any other reason. Transfers may be negotiated in writing with the studio.
20 class pass
- All twenty class passes expire 6 months from the date of the first class that you attend after purchase.
- This pass allows you to attend 20 regularly scheduled classes, but excludes guest teachers, workshops, or other special events.
- No refunds are offered on unused portions of the 20 Class Pass due to illness, injury, change of address or any other reason. Transfers may be negotiated in writing with the studio.
Unlimited Passes/Memberships Upfront
- cannot be extended.
- allow you to attend unlimited regularly scheduled classes, but excludes guest teachers, workshops, or other special events.
- are activated from the date of your first booking.
- The ‘One Month Unlimited’ Pass is valid for 1 month and cannot be paused or extended.
- The ‘3 Months Unlimited’ membership may be paused for 1 unbroken week and entitles you to 20% off workshops.
- The ‘6 Months Unlimited’ Membership may be paused for up to 2 weeks (minimum 1 week at a time) and entitles you to 20% off workshops.
- The ’12 Months Unlimited Yoga’ Pass may be paused for up to 4 weeks (minimum 1 week at a time) and entitles you to 20% off workshops.
- The Retreat does not offer refunds or credits on workshops for change of mind, injury, illness, change of address or any other reason. All purchases are final.
- If you cannot attend, you may transfer your workshop ticket into another person’s name by emailing us at email@example.com at least 2 hours before start of workshop.
- Full payment is required upon booking.
- Please arrive at least 10 minutes before the scheduled start time of the workshop. Doors will close 2 minutes before the start time. Late entry to workshops will not be permitted. Latecomers are considered a no-show.
- Gift Cards can be used to attend yoga classes at The Retreat (excluding workshops).
- Gift Cards are not redeemable for cash.
- Gift cards are valid for 12 months from the date of purchase.
- The Retreat does not offer Gift Card refunds for change of mind, injury, illness, change of address or any other reason. You may transfer the gift card to another person by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. All purchases are final.
- We accept no responsibility if a card is used without your permission.
- Gift Cards may be purchased online or in the studio.
- The Gift Card number is required in order to redeem your gift card.
- The content on our website belongs to us or to someone who has given us permission to use it. If you are using our website and its content for purposes other than personal or non-commercial reasons then you must get our written permission.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We take the security of your personal information seriously. We respect your Privacy and we endeavour to keep your personal information completely confidential.
We would only release personal information if we were required to by law to facilitate court proceedings; enforce or apply our terms and conditions; or protect the rights, property, or safety of The Retreat, our users, or others.
We collect personal information for the purposes of delivering our products and services, to communicate with Customers regarding our services, for record keeping purposes, for market research, and to track activity in our studio and on our website. We collect personal information:
- From users – When they register an enquiry, or purchase a pass or membership.
- From suppliers or third parties – When they are engaged to supply services to us or provide information to us or invoice us for the provision of services.
- From web users – When we receive enquiries through the Website and when the website is otherwise accessed and used.
The kind of personal information we may collect will depend on who you are (e.g. a customer or supplier) and the nature of your interaction with us, and may include your full name, email address, company name, telephone number, social media addresses, billing information and other personal information. If you do not provide us with all the information we request, we may not be able to deliver our services.
The Retreat will seek to take all reasonable steps to keep any information we hold about you secure, accurate and up to date. Your information is stored on secure servers and The Retreat will take all reasonable steps to ensure that our employees and contractors respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us.
Please be aware that the internet is not a secure environment. If you use the internet to send us any information, including your email address, it is sent at your own risk. You should notify us immediately if there is any unauthorised use of your account or any other breach of security. However, The Retreat does not accept responsibility for any consequences of the unauthorised access to your information.
still have questions..
please get in touch via the form below or give Pru a call…. 0419419707.